• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell phone issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kickit2

In Wisconsin. I have drafted an agreement between me and my wife (to be divorsed by her choice though I don't agree to it). I have a cellular contract in my name for her and her sister that I want to dissolve and receive the handsets. The agreement I have drafted is below - how good is this or is it basically useless?

Agreement letter:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 28th, 2013

Dena XXXXXXX and Shawn XXXXXXX hereby agree to dissolve Dena XXXXXXX and Denyce XXXXXXX cellular service though T-Mobile USA currently listed under Shawn XXXXXXX. In doing so, Shawn shall receive both handsets currently in use on said service contract with specific details listed below as well as related accessories (chargers, cords, memory storage cards, etc).
1) ___________________________________________________________________

2) ___________________________________________________________________
Included in this exchange are full rights to all data stored within listed handsets without reservation. Dena hereby releases all rights to personal data contained within stated handsets. Dena shall be entitled to copies of any requested data from the handsets so long as the data requested is still within the possession and reasonable access of Shawn.

Shawn hereby agrees to be fully responsible for all cancelation fees and related charges to said account pertaining to the cancelation of services once the above stated handsets have been received by Shawn in accordance with this agreement. Cancellation fees and related charges are estimated to be approximately five hundred fifty US dollars.

Should Shawn decide to sell or otherwise exchange any or both of the above listed handsets, any and all personal data shall be removed from the devices by Shawn to the best of his ability prior to their sale. This clause does not pertain to the initial transfer of the handsets to Shawn.

This agreement serves to dissolve all marital property rights that Dena may or may not be entitled to pertaining to these handsets in exchange for Shawn’s agreement to absorb all related costs.

This agreement serves to relieve Dena XXXXXXXXXX of any unforeseen additional charges or refunds related to the cancellation of these handsets from said service contract though T-Mobile USA that are not listed within.

Should Shawn discover that the devices have been tamped with in any way since their known condition, in both physical form and / or data contained within, since approximately 10pm central time, November 27th 2013, this agreement shall become null and void.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
END OF AGREEMENT

So, is it any good at all?

kickit2

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
NO Idea, to be honest. I suspect it is unenforceable, though...

Afew other points;

a) REALLY bad idea to post real, full names.

b) Please try to keep your questions to one thread.

c) Thanks.

d) Happy Turkey Day!

kickit2

NO Idea, to be honest. I suspect it is unenforceable, though...

Afew other points;

a) REALLY bad idea to post real, full names.

b) Please try to keep your questions to one thread.

c) Thanks.

d) Happy Turkey Day!
Good point on the names.. I edited them out.. Early morning for me too - just copied and pasted without thinking! Hopefully is doesn't bit me :)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Good point on the names.. I edited them out.. Early morning for me too - just copied and pasted without thinking! Hopefully is doesn't bit me :)
Your wife's sister is NOT bound by this nor is the cell phone company. Those are two major issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">