• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell Phone Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

floala

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Is there a way to keep cell phone records from being released in a divorce? How far back will they look? How common is it for these records to be used?
Thanks in advance.

LdiJ

floala said:

Is there a way to keep cell phone records from being released in a divorce? How far back will they look? How common is it for these records to be used?
Thanks in advance.
If you would explain things more fully you would probably get a better answer.

floala said:

Thanks in advance.
did they hand you a subpeona??? was it part of uniform or non-uniform interogs? Help us help you ! ! !

floala

I have not even told my wife yet of my desire for a divorce. I'm trying to protect her from any extra hut that the call pattern would indicate as well as selfishly protecting myself. I don't know what the normal practice is or what to expect. There is no subpoena at this point so I'm not sure how to answer the question about the style of request. I wish that I could make the records go away or block their release. Is this even anything that I should worry about? Moving forward, should I stop making the concerned calls or at this point, will it even matter?

Thank you for your help.

it could take place, but all depends, sounds like you have some juicy stuff on the cell phone. I am sure if she suspected you of cheating and wanted to know she could find an excuse to get your records. Further, when you subpeona someone's records for divorce and it does not effect the company, they have no reason not to release those records. So, it could, or may be an issue or it may not. Next time have phone sex over a pay phone

Honey1955

Talk with your cell phone company. Ask if they keep detailed records and for how long? Some companies only keep records for 30 days. Trash yours.
Another idea might be to change companies now. Find another means of communication.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">