• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

certified copy of divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

orama43

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? I live in Michigan but my divorce was granted in Illinois.
I was divorced over 12 years ago and don't believe I received a certified copy of my divorce. I do have my divorce decree, but am unable to find the certified copy of my divorce. Since I'm now looking at re-marrying and a certified copy of my divorce is required, could you please tell me how I could acquire this?
Thanks for your time and consideration.

LdiJ

orama43 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? I live in Michigan but my divorce was granted in Illinois.
I was divorced over 12 years ago and don't believe I received a certified copy of my divorce. I do have my divorce decree, but am unable to find the certified copy of my divorce. Since I'm now looking at re-marrying and a certified copy of my divorce is required, could you please tell me how I could acquire this?
Does your divorce decree contain a judge's signature? If so, that is probably sufficient for your needs.

Gracie3787

orama43 said:
You'll have to call the court clerk's office where the divorce was finalized. Give them the case number and ask how much it costs to get a certified copy of the final decree. It should be only a few dollars. A certified copy of a legal document is a copy that the court clerk copies from the file and stamps and signs certifying that it is an exact true copy of the original document.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">