• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

change of adress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lopan122

ohio. I just found out via a legal document sent to me via the county that my ex wife failed to notify the county/state that she changed address. She has been living there for 9 months(she did tell me a few weeks after she moved, though via a phone call not written notice). Now i am not out get her or anything but can she be in much trouble for failing to inform the state of this? I have visitation rights not shared parenting if that matters

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
ohio. I just found out via a legal document sent to me via the county that my ex wife failed to notify the county/state that she changed address. She has been living there for 9 months(she did tell me a few weeks after she moved, though via a phone call not written notice). Now i am not out get her or anything but can she be in much trouble for failing to inform the state of this? I have visitation rights not shared parenting if that matters
Has your visitation been denied?

lopan122

well she has selectively stated "state law" to make me do things that benefit her that do include that. i.e. o you took her to a doc apt for me and took her to your moms place to see (daughters) pumpkins she growing while waiting for mom to get off work without telling her she says "state law i cant take her anywhere without her permission" and claiming to call child services on me for it (which if she did they never told me)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
well she has selectively stated "state law" to make me do things that benefit her that do include that. i.e. o you took her to a doc apt for me and took her to your moms place to see (daughters) pumpkins she growing while waiting for mom to get off work without telling her she says "state law i cant take her anywhere without her permission" and claiming to call child services on me for it (which if she did they never told me)
This is a non-issue. Really.

LdiJ

YOU have to legally tow the line, she doesn't. Stick around on this board and that will become apparent.
Bali...come on. This isn't the alimony forum and child custody issues are about children, and that is as serious as it gets. Your brand of sarcasm isn't helpful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">