• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change divorce agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yurgee

What is the name of your state?NY

My divorce decree was signed in 4/2001. It went fast and fairly smooth. I essentially gave up most things and my lawyer and I did not negotiate well. There are a couple of things that I wish were changed and was wondering if it is worth seeking the changes. Will the costs associated with obtaining an attorney and risking having the judge not change certain things be worth it.

I have two children and I pay $1000 a month child support, but I do not get to claim either of them on my income taxes. I would like to be able to claim one and reep the benefits. I'm thinking that because I do support them beyond the $1000 a month that I shuld be entitled to.

First, what it the process for going about this and what are my chances. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">