• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

change locks?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ljt_tech

What is the name of your state? tx
I changed the locks on my house since my wife has not been there and seems to think she can just come and go as she pleases. She also tells me that she will bring guys to our house while I am away at work.

I wont put up with that crap. She is on the lease but does not pay jack. She has also not been there since about the 19th of december.

I dont know what else to do for the time being as I dont have enough money to get the ball rolling on our divorce. I want to file with an affidavit of inability to pay but do not think I can qualify and also dont want to lie wich can jeapordize my case in the future.

All the lawyers I spoke to give me nothing. The legal aid in my city wont even answer the phone. The best and most efficient information I have recieved to date is from these forums. :) so thanks to all who have helped.

What I would like to know is if she does finally decide to come home and realizes the doors are locked what can she do and what can I do. She says she will break into the house. Is there anything I can do to stop her if I were there? Does she have a right?

Also she keeps leaving me with our daughter on days that I have to work then when I ask someone to care for her she gets all upity with me and says things like " I cant belive you wont watch your daughter". Now she has been gone for two days without speaking to me over the phone and I do no know where my daughter is at the moment. Everyone I speak to gives me minimal information as to what they know. I need legal advice but I have no way of paying for it:eek: I am sure there is some type of temproary order I could file to get her to grant me visitation rights but 1. what is it called 2. is a form needed to file it 3. how long does it take to go into affect.

Once again thank you all for your very usefull information it has boosted my confidence in the whole ordeal and given me some backup when everyone else it seems is against me.

nextwife

What is the name of your state? tx
I changed the locks on my house since my wife has not been there and seems to think she can just come and go as she pleases. She also tells me that she will bring guys to our house while I am away at work.

I wont put up with that crap. She is on the lease but does not pay jack. She has also not been there since about the 19th of december.

I dont know what else to do for the time being as I dont have enough money to get the ball rolling on our divorce. I want to file with an affidavit of inability to pay but do not think I can qualify and also dont want to lie wich can jeapordize my case in the future.

All the lawyers I spoke to give me nothing. The legal aid in my city wont even answer the phone. The best and most efficient information I have recieved to date is from these forums. :) so thanks to all who have helped.

What I would like to know is if she does finally decide to come home and realizes the doors are locked what can she do and what can I do. She says she will break into the house. Is there anything I can do to stop her if I were there? Does she have a right?

Also she keeps leaving me with our daughter on days that I have to work then when I ask someone to care for her she gets all upity with me and says things like " I cant belive you wont watch your daughter". Now she has been gone for two days without speaking to me over the phone and I do no know where my daughter is at the moment. Everyone I speak to gives me minimal information as to what they know. I need legal advice but I have no way of paying for it:eek: I am sure there is some type of temproary order I could file to get her to grant me visitation rights but 1. what is it called 2. is a form needed to file it 3. how long does it take to go into affect.

Once again thank you all for your very usefull information it has boosted my confidence in the whole ordeal and given me some backup when everyone else it seems is against me.

File for custody, and exclusive use of the home. And file for Child support. Arrange day care for your child- there is nothing wrong with a child having structure and being in day care.

BelizeBreeze

and since her name is on the lease, she can break down the door and enter, and you would be liable for at minimum, 1/2 the damages.

Either do as suggested or not. But by not filing for divorce, even if you have to go to th elocal law school for help in filing the form, you are allowing her to disrupt LEGALLY both lives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">