• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cheating Girl friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sam01203

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
My Ex girl friend had affair with another person so she is no way connected with me now. But she knows all my personal details so she is resetting my email password and mailing to my friend and family with all nonsense. How should I stop her doing this? Is there any legal step i can take on her? what type of attorney needs to be contacted for this purpose.

Antigone*

My Ex girl friend had affair with another person so she is no way connected with me now. But she knows all my personal details so she is resetting my email password and mailing to my friend and family with all nonsense. How should I stop her doing this? Is there any legal step i can take on her? what type of attorney needs to be contacted for this purpose.
How do you know it is your ex girl friend doing all this? If I were you, I'd change my email address, password and challenge questions to something completely different. You do this and your problem will be solved.

mistoffolees

If you have evidence that it's her, contact your local police department. Most departments can start an investigation regarding identity theft. It is a crime for her to access your account without permission.

However, I agree that the easiest thing is to set it to something she doesn't know.

sam01203

She accepted that she did it.

Yahoo Email have the feature (!?) that you can reset the password by answering any of your historical security questions, she knows few of the answers to the security questions. Although i reset the questions she use to answer the old one and getting access. Any how now she is not doing that but took all the emails in my address book :(

mistoffolees

She accepted that she did it.

Yahoo Email have the feature (!?) that you can reset the password by answering any of your historical security questions, she knows few of the answers to the security questions. Although i reset the questions she use to answer the old one and getting access. Any how now she is not doing that but took all the emails in my address book :(
Contact Yahoo to have them remove the old security questions.

Contact the police to file a report on identify fraud.

Get a new email address and notify your friends that the old one is no longer valid.

There are probably other options, but any one of them should stop it.

sam01203

If i want to get advice from Attorney, who should be the correct one? Civil Attorney or anybody else. She is very danger to deal with, need some legal assistance to avoid any future complications.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">