• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cheating husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mfallon09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ma
My husband of 18 years was caught with another woman. I had copies of his cell phone bill with her number all of it. These calls are from and too her place of business she is also married in the same town. The bills have vanished. I guess I didn't hide them good enough. Can I get a court order for his phone records and/or sue her or the company she works for ..for condoning her behavior to be on personal calls for hours at a time. I did let her place of business know but nothing was done. This woman had destoyed my family. My 2 kids are sick about it. And it continues . What can I do along with the divorce to prove my husband left his family for another woman. Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

My husband of 18 years was caught with another woman. I had copies of his cell phone bill with her number all of it. These calls are from and too her place of business she is also married in the same town. The bills have vanished. I guess I didn't hide them good enough. Can I get a court order for his phone records and/or sue her or the company she works for ..for condoning her behavior to be on personal calls for hours at a time. I did let her place of business know but nothing was done. This woman had destoyed my family. My 2 kids are sick about it. And it continues . What can I do along with the divorce to prove my husband left his family for another woman. Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You want to sue her and her company??? She owes you no loyalty whatsoever. It is your cheating husband you need to be taking to court. Divorce him and be done with him.

mistoffolees

Sorry, but there's no law in any state that I know of that forbids a woman from making phone calls to a married man - or vice versa. The phone records aren't going to prove a thing, so quit worrying about them.

Even if you were able to PROVE (considering legal standards of evidence) that he had an affair, that will have minimal bearing on the matter.

For the divorce itself, there are fault and no-fault grounds. Usually, going for no-fault divorce will be less expensive, faster, and easier. If you want to go for fault grounds (adultery), you need to be able to prove it and be prepared to spend a lot more money.

Once the divorce is decided, property division in MA can be affected by the fact that one spouse committed adultery, but it's not a major factor and these days doesn't seem to make much difference in the property division decision.

You're facing an uphill battle with little benefit, although you should probably talk with an attorney before doing anything (if you go about collecting 'evidence' in the wrong way, it could hurt you).

nextwife

Good grief. I'm a collection manager. I call TONS of married men on a regular basis. Sometimes at night and on weekends. Calls from me prove NOTHING.

vijendrasnv

Hi,

You wanted to register the case against her woman or against your husband.
I think there is no option of getting the court order on these mere phone bills.You must have some valid proof.
And are you sure that,this mobile bills of her or from her company???otherwise there is a big problem for you.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">