• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cheating Marine husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiffanybrianne2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLorida

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Right now, I am so completely devastated and I need advice. This might be kind of long, but I need some advice. My husband is enlisted in the Marine Corps. We got married two years ago this November. In March, I enlisted in the Army and left for basic. The first week of April my husband was scheduled to leave for his first deployment to Iraq. After arriving to basic in March, I received a voicemail from his ex-girlfriend. On the voicemail it said this "Hey tiffany, its ali. I just want to let you know your husband is licking all over my body. Have fun in basic hes mine now bitch". From that point on, I got 3 letters from him stating he wanted to leave me until he was with her or over her. So I got home from basic due to an injury in June.

I checked his online accounts and saw emails between him and his ex conversating about loving each other and various other things. While doing this, he was telling me he loved me on some days and others that he wanted a divorce. My dad is retired Navy so he called his chain of command to get my husband to send me money for support. I was unable to work and we had joint bills that needed to be paid. He was told to send me money to support me since he gets extra money for BAH and separation pay and other pay.

He finally came home in October. I went up and got him October 30 and we had sex of course after not seeing each other for 7 months. Things were alright, and I was trusting that he was done talking to his ex. On halloween night he went and hungout with his ex and spent the night with her. On the 1st, I picked him up cause he was wasted, and he got physical with me. He slammed up against a wall and yelled at me in my face. Over the past few weeks when he's been in town, hes been going to see his ex. But at the same time, hes been coming to see me as well.

Well, I just found out I am pregnant. It must haveb een from the first time I saw him. On top of that, he got his ex girlfriend pregnant. So what I am asking is what the hell do I do now? Obviously, i want a divorce, but I am so upset and scared. Can I contact his chain of command and explain the situation? What do I do????

CROSS POSTED TO MILITARY LAW.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Duplicate Post: https://forum.freeadvice.com/military-law-92/cheating-marine-husband-441278.html

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
There can be severe issues if you contact his chain of command -- what exactly are you going to tell them? That he is cheating on you? Are you going to say he is refusing to support you? That you are pregnant? Adultery is a crime in the military. he can lose his commission and if does you will not be any further ahead.

NOMORE13

Omg

Go straight to the commander and tell him everything! Take copies of the emails, take any evidence that you have!!! Whatever happens to him he is still going to have to support you and the baby!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Go straight to the commander and tell him everything! Take copies of the emails, take any evidence that you have!!! Whatever happens to him he is still going to have to support you and the baby!
Which if he is court martialed he will not be able to do.

mistoffolees

Which if he is court martialed he will not be able to do.
At least not until he gets another job.

It might well be a mistake, but it's not permanent unless he spends the rest of his life unemployed. She would lose out on her share of the pension, though, but since they've only been married 2 years, that won't be much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">