• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cheating spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wondering27

What is the name of your state? AL

Long story short....wife cheated, husband caught her, wife moved out, husband eventually let wife move back in when she wanted. Okay, it's been 3 months since the wife's been back home. She still has her own checking account, still has her mail forwarded to her parents' home, had a cell phone on her husband's family plan (which was the cheapest deal), but now has a new cell phone and won't even give the husband the new number or tell him what cellular company it's with. To me, this sounds like an issue of "if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, looks like a duck, it just might be a duck" meaning that it sounds like the wife still has some secrets she doesn't want the husband to know about. But when the husband confronts her about all this, she tells him, "she's just not ready to make another committment to him right now."

Okay, after a wife has been caught red handed having an affair, yet the husband still lets her move back in and gives her another chance, why the heck would SHE be the one not ready to commit?? That sounds like a lame excuse.

And every time the husband tells her they might as well go ahead and divorce, she starts this manipulating routine of crying and begging him not to divorce her, yet she barely even talks to him at night when they're home together, much less have sex or show ANY affection whatsoever toward him.

So, my question is, since it's obvious the wife is just as miserable as the husband, why would she be so against divorce? Could she be buying time for some unknown reason? If and when divorce happens, they will more than likely go to court over custody of their baby boy. Do you think this has something to do with it?

H

hexeliebe

So, my question is, since it's obvious the wife is just as miserable as the husband, why would she be so against divorce? Could she be buying time for some unknown reason? If and when divorce happens, they will more than likely go to court over custody of their baby boy. Do you think this has something to do with it?
O.K. man to man I'm going to answer this:

What part of DUH don't you understand?

O.K. now I'm done with the smartass remarks. You don't need your wife's permission to file for divorce. If everything in your post is correct then she's still fooling around and setting the stage for an exit strategy.

So either go on the offensive or be the victim.

JETX

"So, my question is, since it's obvious the wife is just as miserable as the husband, why would she be so against divorce? Could she be buying time for some unknown reason? If and when divorce happens, they will more than likely go to court over custody of their baby boy. Do you think this has something to do with it?"

Before answering your question(s), I have one of my own...... how does ANY of this relate to YOU????

H

hexeliebe

Tune in tomorrow for another episode of "As The Stomach Turns"...:D

ellencee

wondering27
It seems to me that your wife is following her attorney's instructions and has returned to the marital home and her child, but is failing to follow all of her attorney's instructions by allowing her actions to create your suspicions.

I imagine she is waiting on you to leave and file for divorce because of irreconcilable differences, giving her the house and physical custody of the child, and shifting the focus to your actions as the cause of the failure of the marriage.

To make it a good soap opera storyline, your wife should be having an affair with her adoptive father, who is really her sister's husband, but her sister has amnesia and doesn't remember being married to her mother's husband, but he remembers that you have plenty of money left from your mother's estate after her death from some exotic disease that she contracted while running away with his brother, her true love, and possibly you are really his nephew or his son since he and his brother were identical twins and your mother was under the influence of pain meds one night and crawled into the wrong bed, so you may be his natural son, making your child his grandchild, maternally and paternally.

Best wishes,
EC

Last edited:
W

wondering27

She won't be getting the house....it's not in her name. She doesn't want it anyway. And she probably won't get the kid either because there are 10 witnesses that will testify that she is an unfit mother.

JETX, it doesn't matter who I am....you need to do your "job" and just answer the question.

W

wondering27

Another thing....she filed for divorce once, but never went through with it. And if the husband files this time, he'll file on grounds of adultery, not "irreconcilable differences." Whoever came up with "irreconcilable differences" must've been an idiot. What a lame excuse.

H

hexeliebe

The husband let her back into the house after she had an affair and moved out and you're calling the law dumb?

A bit like the pot and kettle huh?

JETX

wondering27 said:
JETX, it doesn't matter who I am....you need to do your "job" and just answer the question.
You're an idiot!! You post on this forum asking a lot of questions (some personal) about what appears to be 3rd parties and clearly NONE of your business!! So, while you are down on your knees, how about you just 'kissin' it??

H

hexeliebe

Is JetX being a bad boy?

:D:D:D

I'm still waiting on an answer as to what or who is stupid. The husband who let a cheating wife to move back into "HIS" home or the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">