• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cheating wife doesn't know I know about it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carlos12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

My wife is in love with another (married) man and they are planning their future together. I have been tracking her internet activity with software on my computer.

Is it legal to be "spying", and should I tell her I know? Or just keep gathering this info?

Carlos22

JETX

Is it legal to be "spying"
Of course, no one can answer that without knowing EXACTLY how you are 'spying' and what you are 'gathering'.

and should I tell her I know? Or just keep gathering this info?
Those are PERSONAL questions that only you can answer, based on what you are doing and how you are doing it.

AHA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

My wife is in love with another (married) man and they are planning their future together. I have been tracking her internet activity with software on my computer.

Is it legal to be "spying", and should I tell her I know? Or just keep gathering this info?
Carlos22
Why would you want to drag out being with someone who doesn't want to be with you?

mistoffolees

Why would you want to drag out being with someone who doesn't want to be with you?
The answer to OP's question would depend at least partially on what he hopes to achieve.

In NJ, if he can prove adultery, it can have one big impact. No-fault divorce requires 18 months of living apart. If he files on the basis of adultery, there is no waiting period.

Is that the reason you're trying to prove adultery?

xylene

you are at the juncture where you need to consult with a lawyer to know what your options are.

See a lawyer BEFORE you have the big reveal to your wife the extent of your surveillance of her on and off line.

Be sure you talk with the lawyer about ALL of you activities in your life, esp the surveillance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">