• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child custody trouble with 3/6 children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jonzzzzz

What is the name of your state? california
my ex and i have a custody order from 4/1999 giving both of us joint physical custody, with me being the primary custodian, of our 6 children. 6 months ago, he picked up the youngest three for his visit weekend, and wouldn't let them come home. he filed for a new custody order hearing, and claimed to have served me with the necessary papers, but he never actually did. on the day of the hearing, i was obviously not there, as i was never served with a notice, and so my ex was granted his requested changes by a default judgement. this also included a modification of child support, where he was able to stop payments on all the kids( of the other 3, 2 were still minors, and the oldest is handicapped)i am trying to get back into court to explain all of this to the judge, but i'm afraid he will disappear with the kids when he is served with a court date notice.i am on public assistance, and cannot afford even the cheapest of lawyers.legal-aid is so backed up who knows...

J

jonzzzzz

All I was hoping for is some advice for my friend. Not sarcastic comments. I had to post this under my name, because I didn't know how to register for her, and she wasn't with me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">