• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpfups

What is the name of your state? MD

Question....Me & my ex have been seperated since August of 2002...We have 2 daughters together ages 7 & 5...My ex & i are going through a custody battle....My ex filed for child support in November which she was DENIED...I had the kids at that time 5 nights a week..Since January of this year she has kept the kids away from me on the weeknights so i only see them from Friday til Sunday..This was done cuz she knew child support was based off how many nights a week u have the kids..She refuses to let me see them on weeknights & because we have no court order in place yet (will be determined shortly) she can do this..My question is if the judge appoints joint custody to us both will i have to pay back child support even though she was DENIED back in November?!?

mpfups

Custody

Yes i have filed for custoday..We have mediation (wont work) & a masters hearing within the next 2 months....She counter filed for custody claiming best interests of the children which is a crock of you know what...

Ive tried to get the kids on weeknights but she hides the kids with friends while shes at work or wont let me see them at her work where she brings them at on weeknights...Not much legally i can do til a judge decides on all this..UGH

VeronicaGia

On the website I listed in my previous post, there is something called a parenting time tracker. Keep track of every single minute visitation is denied. Also, it is an excellent resource for men in your position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">