• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support/almny!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lostntrocknroll

I live in PA. I'm about to move to VA away from my husband and taking my daughter in less than a week. We have a separation agreement but I want to look into going ahead and giving him a divorce. Its going to be as simple as we can make it with our daughter involved. My husbands job is more of a commission type job so he never really knows what he's making till he's already made it. How do you set up a constant payment when thats the case and can you put a stipulation that child support/alimony is to be a percentage of what he makes?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I live in PA. I'm about to move to VA away from my husband and taking my daughter in less than a week. We have a separation agreement but I want to look into going ahead and giving him a divorce. Its going to be as simple as we can make it with our daughter involved. My husbands job is more of a commission type job so he never really knows what he's making till he's already made it. How do you set up a constant payment when thats the case and can you put a stipulation that child support/alimony is to be a percentage of what he makes?
What makes you think you have a right to alimony? Alimony and child support are NOT a % of what he makes. They are hard numbers -- normally based on the last three years numbers or a number that you both agree on and that is fair, just and appropriate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">