• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support and Custody Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jones812

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
I am goin thru a divorce and we are doing joint custody..Will he still have to pay child support? Also he keeps threatening me telling me to get a lawyer cause he wants full custody.Yet I have done nothing to prove myself unfit.I only work part time but I was told not to make any financial or income changes til finalization of divorce.Also thier was adultry on my part and spousal abuse on his yet no proof of either.Hes filing No fault but can we use things against each other without valid proof?

Proserpina

I am goin thru a divorce and we are doing joint custody..Will he still have to pay child support? Also he keeps threatening me telling me to get a lawyer cause he wants full custody.Yet I have done nothing to prove myself unfit.I only work part time but I was told not to make any financial or income changes til finalization of divorce.Also thier was adultry on my part and spousal abuse on his yet no proof of either.Hes filing No fault but can we use things against each other without valid proof?

No fault means just that - he won't be using your adultery against you, and you won't be using the spousal abuse against him.

Depending on your financial situations he may still end up paying child support (or you to him).

jones812

He makes triple to quadruple what i make...And once child support is established will he be able to quit his good job and get a job at Donalds to not have to pay anything?? Hes said he would quit work and just go to school to avoid child support.

Proserpina

He makes triple to quadruple what i make...And once child support is established will he be able to quit his good job and get a job at Donalds to not have to pay anything?? Hes said he would quit work and just go to school to avoid child support.

He would be wise to rethink that idea...

...because the court will see right through it, and he may be ordered to pay based upon what he can potentially earn, versus a McSalary, even if he's only earning minimum wage...

nextwife

I was told not to make any financial or income changes til finalization of divorce.
By WHOM?

How long were you married? Don't you also need to support your child (your portion) AND yourself?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">