• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support/family court services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tommyo

A couple of questions from Montana.

I was ordered to pay child support based on a wage I have never earned in my entire working life. I showed the judge ss and employment earnings for 10 years. He stated he didn't believe me and that he was sure I was capable of earning X amount of dollars, then set a support amount based on an annual wage 3.5 times my actual wage. Is it legal? what do I do now? can you sue a district court judge?

Question #2 - A caseworker from family court services testified that I should have my parental rights suspended, although he admitted on the stand he had not read any of the court papers or affidavits. Is this legal? Can I sue them for defamation or for violating my civil right to be a parent?

Last Question - When I sat down at the table, pro se, prior to the judge entering the courtroom, the opposing lawyer came over and handed me a paper, which upon closer inspection, was an unsigned order for the preceedings that hadn't even begun. Is this legal? Why did I even travel to court if it was already pre-arranged through opposing council and his dis-honor. What's one to do???????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">