• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support question (divorce kit isn't specific)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carly13

I am in Arizona and doing one of those Arizona Divorce Kits and I have a question concerning child support. Do I have to do the whole or any part of the child support section of the kit if the parents have come to their own understanding as far as that is concerned? Also, If entering a "parenting plan" of thei own, in order to get bifurcation is that my solution? Is bifurcation permitted in Arizona? Gee, thanks I sure would like to get this divorce handled as quickly as possible, my fiance and I would like to marry in May. I would like to mention that they were together only three years out of the sixteen years they have been married, so does that help us any with the divorce action?

D

dorenephilpot

Private agreement or not, you have to do the child support section for the court. That is not optional.

You can bifurcate -- i.e. get a divorce and leave property issues for later.

However, if you're in agreement on everything, there would be no need to do that. And court's don't like to do it that way unless there is a good reason.

What is the waiting period from the date of filing of the petition in your state?

As long as you're OK w/that period in terms of your wedding, you should be fine.

But submit your paperwork to the court for approval as soon as you can. These do-it-yourself deals often make the courts kick it back to you, which will prolong the process....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">