• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Supportarrears And Divorce Decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jadonnia

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK
i am ncp of 1 20yr old and cp of 1 17yr old girl-father is cp for 20yr son, in college, working p/t in florida
i am in nyc. got JOINT yet PHYSICAL custody of 17 yr girl 2/07, dad filed petition for non payment of support in 4/07[for 2 kids-i have 1 he knew that] stated in divorce papers is that arrears were to be waived in amt of 12k as of 3/04 in exchange for my not claiming any pension, va benefits, ss benefits, etc.
arrears now 36k nys dl suspended, bank acct restrained, judgement orderd
was and am full time grad student unemployed paying to cp dad. he breached agreement by not waiving that amt in 04,and he owed me approx 18k at that time , hence the exchange-i never got anything at all and no claims ;what does that mean now, also now dad doesnt want 17yr old to return to ny-she begins college this fall,next week going to college of her choice, excellent art school, expensive yet tuition already paid-- he wants her to go to a school in fla, but not registered there;she's registered here already-what does that mean i have to do now, more issues too-was abusive to me during marriage,filed 'joint tax return w/o me in 98 for tax year 93-when we separated

LdiJ

Seriously hon, I appreciate your attempt to be brief, that that is unintelligible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">