• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

children born of marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mariamar

What is the name of your state?Ohio

my husband wants a divorce, I said get a dissolution instead. It will be pro-se by my soon to be ex-husband. He married me 8 mo pregnant baby born while married. Paternity of her real father established and child support ordered for real father to pay. Now my husband wants the divorce/ dissolution. Nothing is involved-no bills together, real estate, no children by him. Will that be a dissolution with children for him or without since baby is not his but born during marriage and he was aware because he never touched me, married me pregnant and paternity and support is established and paid by another person, even while we're married now.

brisgirl825

The child is not his and there were no children born during the marriage so you do not need to address issues regarding the child during the divorce.

mariamar

need clarification

The child was born while we were married and I thought that is considered born of marriage, paternity and support established by bio father. my husaband in filing the papers, is that a dissolution with children or without even though technically child is born after we are married.

brisgirl825

mariamar said:
The child was born while we were married and I thought that is considered born of marriage, paternity and support established by bio father. my husaband in filing the papers, is that a dissolution with children or without even though technically child is born after we are married.
Had paternity not been established, then yes, the child would need to be mentioned in the divorce papers and things would go from there. In your case, though, the husband is known to not be the father by DNA and COs. Therefore it is not necessary to add the child in your divorce petition.

nextwife

You legally established the father and are collecting CS from him. Thus your STBX is NOT the father and there are no children of the marriage.

T

Taunting M@ry!

mariamar said:
What is the name of your state?Ohio

my husband wants a divorce, I said get a dissolution instead.
Oh, God! I haven't laughed so hard in days!

What an idiot! These are the same thing!! They are just different ways of saying the same thing - - divorce is a dissolution, Dufus!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">