• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

childrens visits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bp7117

What is the name of your state? Illinois.

My husband and i have no divorce or legal seperation pending. I moved out in september due to him becoming physically violent with me. I have an order of protection which he has broke 3 x's and was finally arressted yesterday for.
I have just found out he has a married women living in our home with him. I am concerned about the visists he has with our children on sunday, because of this women and because he is becoming verbally abusive on the phone with me.(thats why he was arressted).
My question is can he legally have a women living with him when theres no divorce or legal seperation and do i have to make my kids go for visits while this women is staying there.
In my order of protection it states he gets visits from10-6 on sundays, but it also states i can refuse visits if when my husband arives to pick them up he is under the influence, or is behaving in a violent abusive manner.
My children dont need or want to be around this women.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If your order states that those are the only reasons you can deny him visitation, then those are the only reasons you can deny him visitation. His g/f isn't included, so that's not a reason to tell him he can't take the kids.

bp7117

Yes but can he legally be living with her when he is still married? She is also still married. He has a 16 year old son living with him from a previous marriage and she has 2 small children also. I think its just sick.

LdiJ

bp7117 said:
Yes but can he legally be living with her when he is still married? She is also still married. He has a 16 year old son living with him from a previous marriage and she has 2 small children also. I think its just sick.
While I sympathize with your feelings on the subject, its probably nothing that you can do anything about.

BelizeBreeze

bp7117 said:
And our children have to subjected to seeing them sleep together and so forth.
Yep, and GOD FORBID, the children not be subjected to seeing them Swap Spit....

Geeez lady, pull the corncob out! :rolleyes:

bp7117

okay i understand she may be allowed to live there while my children are not present. I dont care that he has moved on. Hes an abusive man to me and our children. I have many counselers that our older son has been to talking about the abuse my son has taken from his dad. That why there is a restraing order on him for me and the children. Thats why he only gets visits on sundays for a short period of time. I just had him arressted for breaking his order last sunday. They slapped him on the hand and told him not to do it again.
About this women living with him. Shes has abandoned her 2 children and is also and alcoholic. She just got a dui last month. She calls me up constanly telling me how funny it is that shes going to get to finally meet my boys and that my husband is going to divorce me to marry her then she can be their new mommy.(no divorce or seperation has been put in papers).(she can have my husband as far as i'm concerned ). BUT she is now talking crap about my children and i'm want to do anything possible to keep this legal, She is really starting to piss me off.
Any advice on keeeping this women away from my children?
By the way the corn cob is out and its going to be in someone else real soon!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Unless you can prove that your children are in danger by being around them (physically, not morally), you can't do squat. Dad is allowed to spend his visitation time with anyone he pleases.

And btw - if he only gets a few hours a week, you don't have to worry about them being exposed to them sleeping together.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">