• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

children's workshop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sony55

divorce almost over

What is the name of your state?Ohio
I have filed for divorce almost a year ago. My wife never contested the divorce, nor did she get a lawyer. She 's oblivious to the whole thing and believes that this will never happen. My final papers are in and delivered to the court. I am waiting for my wife to get the final papers, which should be coming any day. I was required by Mahoning county to attend a workshop for children, which I did. Again my wife refuses to go, thinking she doesn't have to, even after I told her she must. What will happen if she does not go? My lawyer said not to worry about it, as long as I went, but I still worry about what will happen if she doesn't. Can you help me?
Thanks

Last edited:

seniorjudge

sony55 said:
What is the name of your state?Ohio
I have filed for divorce almost a year ago. My wife never contested the divorce, nor did she get a lawyer. She 's oblivious to the whole thing and believes that this will never happen. My final papers are in and delivered to the court. I am waiting for my wife to get the final papers, which should be coming any day. I was required by Mahoning county to attend a workshop for children, which I did. Again my wife refuses to go, thinking she doesn't have to, even after I told her she must. What will happen if she does not go? My lawyer said not to worry about it, as long as I went, but I still worry about what will happen if she doesn't. Can you help me?
Thanks
Q: What will happen if she does not go?

A: We are unable to predict the future. But, she may have her custodial/visitation rights curtailed, modified, or revoked.

sony55

divorce almost over but ...

Ohio
Will the courts still grant a divorce, even though my wife refuses to go to the children's workshop?. It has been 5 weeks and my wife is supposed to get the final papers in the mail, and she has not received them yet nor have I heard a thing. Would this delay it?

THanks

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
sony55 said:
Ohio
Will the courts still grant a divorce, even though my wife refuses to go to the children's workshop?. It has been 5 weeks and my wife is supposed to get the final papers in the mail, and she has not received them yet nor have I heard a thing. Would this delay it?

THanks
Mahoning County will probably force her to attend if she wants custody or so on. They may delay the divorce because the workshop is a REQUIREMENT in the county for divorce with children. She also may be held in contempt of court. Who has custody of the kids?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">