• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

class action awards

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lechegaray

What is the name of your state? california. on july 31, 2001 i (with the help of a law firm) filed a class action complaint on behalf of myself and ofther employees for a company i used to work for. it was for seeking back payfor non-payment of overtime wages. This award would come to about $300.00. However, i was also promised to be paid $25,000 for an enhancement for agreeing to be the class representative. I agreed to this prior to legal seperation. However, a joint stipulation of settlement was not agreed upon until after legal separtion. and the award was received long after that as well. now my wife wants to go after this enhancement. is she legally entitled to it even though it settled after we were legally separated?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">