• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-owner rights.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arw1973

Florida.

My friend and her husband are separated, he no longer lives in the property but has moved a none paying person into the property in the last few days against my friend's wishes.
Both there names are on the deeds.

Is he allowed to this as he no longer lives in the property?

seniorjudge

arw1973 said:
Florida.

My friend and her husband are separated, he no longer lives in the property but has moved a none paying person into the property in the last few days against my friend's wishes.
Both there names are on the deeds.

Is he allowed to this as he no longer lives in the property?
Q: Is he allowed to this as he no longer lives in the property?

A: Yes and she can too.

arw1973

Florida.

Can she leave the property and still have claim to it in the divorce?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Q: Can she leave the property and still have claim to it in the divorce?

A: Yes; that is usually what happens in a divorce case.

So, if I am reading this right, your friend lives in their marital house, husband moved out, moved another person in to live with her who isn't paying?

That sux :eek:

LdiJ

She needs to hightail it to court ASAP, and ask the judge to order that she has exclusive use of the house pending the final outcome in a divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">