• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-workers having affair-can we be sued?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glp9986

I live in MS. This is kinda complicated, but I will try to make it brief. I work at the police station. One of one of the girls at the PD is having an affair with one of the detectives. No one can prove it, but we all suspect. Lately, when the detective calls, he calls on his cell phone through our dispatch office and has them connect him to her phone, that way his number never shows up on her cell phone bill. Here's the thing: her husband is the constable in our county, which means he comes to the PD a lot concerning warrants and such. She told dispatch when he is here not to transfer any calls to her. Dispatch came to me, because they didn't want to be caught in the middle. I am in the Chief's office. I told them that if she gets a call, to transfer it. They are not her secretaries. If her husband suspects, which I think he does just from remarks he's made, and finds out dispatch was transferring calls or that we kind of suspected it was going on, and they go through a divorce, can he also sue us? I told her that if her husband comes in and they need to talk about something undisturbed she should go outside and that way she wouldn't have to worry about phone interruptions. I just don't want to get caught up in an ugly divorce case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">