• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cohabitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

llr1969

What is the name of your state?Missouri

My divorce decree states that "neither Father nor Mother shall cohabitate with a person of the opposite sex to whom they are not married while the minor child of the marriage is in their custody."

My ex has been having his girlfriend stay the night while my son is in his custody. What are his consequences and how do I handle this?

LLR1969

BelizeBreeze

You could join them.

You could take photos and sell them on e-bay.

You could offer tips on positioning.

Or you could stay out of it.

It's called getting laid and the ocassional overnight guest is not the legal definition of 'cohabitating'. Of course, you could always take him back to court for contempt of the court order, but then be prepared to have your personal life presented for all the world to see also.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

llr1969 said:
What is the name of your state?Missouri

My divorce decree states that "neither Father nor Mother shall cohabitate with a person of the opposite sex to whom they are not married while the minor child of the marriage is in their custody."

My ex has been having his girlfriend stay the night while my son is in his custody. What are his consequences and how do I handle this?

LLR1969

My response:

Do you have money? What would you like to do, and what result would you like to see happen?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">