• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting court ordered payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jah2568

What is the name of your state? CA

My ex-wife was ordered to make payments on a vehicle where the loan is still in my name and the vehicle is in her possesion. She has not made a single payment in the 12 months since the court order.

Any advice on enforcing the court order, or should I just take her to small claims court?

VeronicaGia

jah2568 said:
What is the name of your state? CA

My ex-wife was ordered to make payments on a vehicle where the loan is still in my name and the vehicle is in her possesion. She has not made a single payment in the 12 months since the court order.

Any advice on enforcing the court order, or should I just take her to small claims court?
Why have you waited so long? You need to file contempt of court against her. Be ready to prove you have made all these payments and ask that the vehicle be returned to you or that she return all that money to you and continue making payments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">