• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

community bills, California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slickness

I have been paying all of our community bills, house payment, second mortgage, motor home, truck and want full credit. My wife thinks I can only claim half. I think she is wrong as she hasn't paid a dime since she moved out 11 months ago. She also has a separate IRA that she thinks I am not entitled to half. Who's right. This is in California

Gracie3787

slickness said:
I have been paying all of our community bills, house payment, second mortgage, motor home, truck and want full credit. My wife thinks I can only claim half. I think she is wrong as she hasn't paid a dime since she moved out 11 months ago. She also has a separate IRA that she thinks I am not entitled to half. Who's right. This is in California
The person who is right is the one who is following a court order. If there isn't any court order, both parties are right and wrong at the same time.

If there is a court order the person who isn't following it should be taken to court for contempt. If there isn't a court order someone needs to file for one.

Bali Hai

slickness said:
There is no court order we are separated only and want to settle this before going to court.
She is entitled to half the equity of the marital properties, bank accounts, etc.

You are entitled to half of her IRA.

Since you are married and no divorce action filed, you are both just playing footsie until that happans.

slickness

filed

She has filed in August of last year. And we have no orders and were supposed to do this on our own. She is contending I only get credit for half of all the community bills I have been paying with my funds not hers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">