• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Community Items

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jayb75

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Heres the situation. My wife and i are in still in the "cooling off' period of our divorce. We have agreed to a move out date for me a week before Christmas. I was trying for after the holidays but she wasn't having that and didnt want to argue and just accepted her date. But anyways i made a itemized list of what i thought was everything in the house and checkmarked what i wanted to move out with me. I unfortunately missed a couple of things like a antique chair that has been in my family for three generations and a 60" LED LG tv that i won in a raffle. I know i need to go to court to add these items to get approval but i was wondering legally what happens if i move them out without her consent and when she is not there? She is giving me a hard time. She wont even let me move a couple of 20 dollar shelving units that i didnt think i needed to list. This is her third divorce and my first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">