• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

community properrty issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dangelokj

My husband and I are currently legally separated. We live in Washington. We bought a house during the year prior to our separation with the proceeds from the sale of our prior house my husband pruchased prior to marriage. I held a job for the 1st half of our marriage contributing to the mortgage etc. I went on title for the first home so that we could receive a 2nd mortagage. I have been on title for the 2nd home since purchase.

Though I have not physically lived on that property. My husband has lived on the property since March of this year, though he is not actually in the "home" itself.

What are my rights? He is claiming that the property belongs to him, and that I have little to no interest in it. What are the laws pertaining to this?

D

deefran

Dangelokj said:
My husband and I are currently legally separated. We live in Washington. We bought a house during the year prior to our separation with the proceeds from the sale of our prior house my husband pruchased prior to marriage. I held a job for the 1st half of our marriage contributing to the mortgage etc. I went on title for the first home so that we could receive a 2nd mortagage. I have been on title for the 2nd home since purchase.

Though I have not physically lived on that property. My husband has lived on the property since March of this year, though he is not actually in the "home" itself.

What are my rights? He is claiming that the property belongs to him, and that I have little to no interest in it. What are the laws pertaining to this?
Your name is on the title, regardless if you live there or not you are entitled to 1/2 of that property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">