• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

community property question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cahennessey

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho
My husband is filing for divorce since it's a community property state is the $80,000 my family trust contributed to building our ranch? This money was given to me by my family as an "early" inheritance, but it came into the marriage as my property from my family. thx

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho
My husband is filing for divorce since it's a community property state is the $80,000 my family trust contributed to building our ranch? This money was given to me by my family as an "early" inheritance, but it came into the marriage as my property from my family. thx
Its possible that the 80k could be considered separate property, as its traceable, but you really need a consult with a local attorney regarding that.

nextwife

Probably not. It was co-mingled into marital property. Had she simply been given the money and maintained it in a seperate account, then it would remain seperate property.

Who is in title to the real estate? If he owns a 50% interest, then he's a 50% owner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">