• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complicated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

holyday2013

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

'm a woman with 2 minor children and I've been separated for about a year and a half and already filed for divorce. My final hearing is at end of April 2016. Meanwhile 2 months back I got pregnant with my boyfriends baby. My husband doesn't know but has recently started asking me if I was pregnant as I have been having morning sickness. He even suggested that he may be the father since on Jan 2, 2016 I had sex with him during a break up with boyfriend (I only became pregnant in 2nd week of Feb so its definitely not his). But I'm back with my boyfriend now. What problems can I have in the final divorce hearing ? I don't want to disclose I'm pregnant as I will be 3 months pregnant then (got pregnant in second week of Feb 2016) . I'm very stressed out. I want out of this marriage! Please give your advice what I should do. My lawyer doesn't know about my pregnancy!

Just Blue

'm a woman with 2 minor children and I've been separated for about a year and a half and already filed for divorce. My final hearing is at end of April 2016. Meanwhile 2 months back I got pregnant with my boyfriends baby. My husband doesn't know but has recently started asking me if I was pregnant as I have been having morning sickness. He even suggested that he may be the father since on Jan 2, 2016 I had sex with him during a break up with boyfriend (I only became pregnant in 2nd week of Feb so its definitely not his). But I'm back with my boyfriend now. What problems can I have in the final divorce hearing ? I don't want to disclose I'm pregnant as I will be 3 months pregnant then (got pregnant in second week of Feb 2016) . I'm very stressed out. I want out of this marriage! Please give your advice what I should do. My lawyer doesn't know about my pregnancy!
Tell your complicated situation to your attorney.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You are going to need to deal with the pregnancy in the divorce. If you don't, then your husband will be presumed to be the father. You may wish to seek the advice of a local attorney.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

If the child is born within 300 days after the divorce, your husband is presumed to be the father. Unless you plan to continue to lie. YOU NEED to deal with this. You need to talk to your attorney and get your husband disestablished as dad. Or you can just be a big fat liar. Which heck, holy people are liars huh?

Zigner

I must admit that I didn't notice the part where the OP hasn't told her lawyer about the pregnancy. Why do people think it's wise to spend money on an attorney and then withhold critical information?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I must admit that I didn't notice the part where the OP hasn't told her lawyer about the pregnancy. Why do people think it's wise to spend money on an attorney and then withhold critical information?
Because they are special snowflakes and we attorneys haven't heard all the crap in the world. And she is "holyday" and apparently think she is better than all... I am not impressed. She is a liar.

Just Blue

Sooo...Do you want to clarify for the Attorney that posted? :confused:

holyday2013

Clarification

OMG people don't just go off on me. I'm just seeking advice from you all coz I don't know what to do. If you all feel I need to tell my lawyer then I will.. just bear with me.. I'm already stressed out about this. Question? When I tell
My lawyer and this is brought up at the hearing ... will my divorce get stalled till a Dna is done when baby is born? Or will the divorce still go through... coz I'm so over it !! Also does the judge ask if I'm pregnant even when nothing is brought up?

Proserpina

OMG people don't just go off on me. I'm just seeking advice from you all coz I don't know what to do. If you all feel I need to tell my lawyer then I will.. just bear with me.. I'm already stressed out about this. Question? When I tell
My lawyer and this is brought up at the hearing ... will my divorce get stalled till a Dna is done when baby is born? Or will the divorce still go through... coz I'm so over it !! Also does the judge ask if I'm pregnant even when nothing is brought up?
Ask your attorney after you tell him that you're pregnant. I'm sure he'll explain further.

holyday2013

Zigner

It sounds to me like your husband things the baby might be his - yeah, I'd expect things need to be cleared up. And, in case you missed it, since you are pregnant NOW, your husband IS the legal father of your child (once born) unless you take steps to change that.

TALK TO YOUR ATTORNEY.

Proserpina

Pretty sure I just responded to this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">