• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complicated Separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Makoce

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I was married to a man and then we divorced. We ended up living together and never remarrying. I don't address myself as his wife but we own a house together along with several other things. I am looking for advice on leaving my situation legally and not sure what direction to take. We do not file taxes together. I am tired of the mental abuse and need out. Can I leave without it being considered abandonment? I want to put the house up for sale because I know I could not buy him out and keep up the payments. He is in the same situation but doesn't want to sale the house. My health is getting worse everyday that I stay in this situation as I am overly stressed ( I have been to the ER several times because of chest pains and not being able to breath.) This is my last chance at finding a solution. I don't want to go back to the house, but I don't want him to take or destroy my personal belongings. I don't know if I am able to leave the situation and temporaily live with my daughter without him being able to claim my things because I abandoned the house. My daughter lives in the same town and honestly I want to just move my things and be done with it. So any advice can help! Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">