• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

computer & phone evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ron L

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Because we have kids that use the computers in our home, we have controls, such as a keystroke logger.

I recently caught my wife cheating. She originally tried to deny it, but when I told her some of the things I found, she had no choice but to admit it. She admitted it to me though there was a fair amount of evidence in the first place. In fact, if there hadn't already been such an overwhelming amount of evidence, I would have never needed to check the logs. The fact that she leaves her email open is not very smart either. Basically, there wasn't a huge amount of hacking that needed to be done. And as for phone logs, they show up on line or on the monthly bill anyway, so she can't deny the calls.

Does the computer evidence get thrown out? Does it just reinforce what she's already admitted to anyway? Or possibly add weight to how bad things were? Like I said, I hated checking anyway, but even the above-board evidence was enough to create such deep suspicions, that this probably isn't more than what a private investigator could have turned up?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It might. Thing is - words on a computer screen and phone calls aren't proof of sexual activity. And while talk is cheap, it isn't adultery. In legal terms.

VeronicaGia

I believe MI to be a no-fault state anyway, so her infidelity wouldn't play much of a factor. However, you should consult with an attorney in any divorce case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">