• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

conflict of interest - divorce lawyers (DE)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jackietreehorn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? DE

My wife claims that since she has conctacted/interviewed at least the 30 best lawyers in Delaware (small state), so I will not be able to use their services. I found this:

Once you have interviewed with a divorce attorney, that attorney is ethically barred from representing your spouse. Even if you don't hire the attorney. It would be a considered a conflict of interest sense, during your interview you gave the attorney confidential information about your side of the divorce case.

What happens to someone as dumb as me who's married to a twisted person that would contact every lawyer worth hiring in the state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? DE

My wife claims that since she has conctacted/interviewed at least the 30 best lawyers in Delaware (small state), so I will not be able to use their services. I found this:

Once you have interviewed with a divorce attorney, that attorney is ethically barred from representing your spouse. Even if you don't hire the attorney. It would be a considered a conflict of interest sense, during your interview you gave the attorney confidential information about your side of the divorce case.

What happens to someone as dumb as me who's married to a twisted person that would contact every lawyer worth hiring in the state?
Truthfully an argument can be made that she purposely was attempting to prohibit your right to counsel by doing this and the court could basically overlook the conflict.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">