• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conflicting Dates in Divorce Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xqto

I am recently divorced and as part of the settlement I am supposed to receive a payment of 20,000 dollars every year for the next 3 years from my husbands ESOP. He now says that there is a federal law preventing him from withdrawing any money from his ESOP until 2011 when he turns 50 years of age. I have been told that money could be released early under certain circumstances such as through a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO), but only if it had been accepted by the plan administrator. I am confused as to why the divorce settlement would include payments with a start date of this year when the funds are not accessible until 2011. Is my ex still obligated to pay the amount stated in the divorce agreement on the dates specified in that agreement?

mistoffolees

Is my ex still obligated to pay the amount stated in the divorce agreement on the dates specified in that agreement?
Tell us the exact wording of the clause(s) in the divorce decree related to this topic if you want a legitimate answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">