• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keith46

What is the name of your state?Virginia Hello all hope things are okay on your end.Matter at hand my wife & myself separated for 3months she ask for this separation & like a fool i said yes only because i love her that mush we were going to start cohabitation afther the 3months /but within the 3to 5months she became pregnant by another man now sge wants to to give her a no-fault divorce / but ive found out the another person dosen't want the child he kick her out of the apt they live in then come to find out the new person thinks hes the father of this child /her mother thinks its all my fault she said if i had a place this wouldn't happen my wife wouldn't work in the marriage .i need to know if am going to have to suppost a child of out of wedlock i still love my wife but don't know if i can trust her now can she make me pay for suppost& maintenance of this child.confused.
keith46 :( :( :( :( :(

Sir, I will tell you what I would do. I would immediately file for divorce and the grounds would be because of the child which is not yours. I understand you love her, but do not let love run you down a road of stupidity and pain which you would incur for the rest of your life. At this point I would not care what the other guy is saying or doing to her, that was her choice and her problem. If you have any bank accounts, phone bills, insurance, etc.. in joint name, including the apartment I would remove my name from it. Your wife made a choice and it does not involve you, I could go on and on why I believe this and that the proof is in the pudding but who cares at this point. Get out of this extremely bad situation, I cannot see in anyway how it would get better for you.

kat1963

No, you aren't going to be financially responsible for the new baby if it's not yours. But you will be required to take a DNA test to prove it.
Since you have proof of adultry you will be able to obtain an immediate divorce from her (instead of having to wait the 6 months with no children or 1 year with children).
Good luck & I agree with bulldog, GET OUT NOW.
KAT

brighteyes

My heart goes out to you. How long have you been married? I'm a little confused. Does your wife want a divorce? If not, does she want to get back together? Are you willing to raise the child as your own? Don't worry about what the "relatives" are saying. Your wife should have been more responsible. The pregnancy is not your fault. Is your wife wanting to keep this child? Has she thought about adoption? There are so many couples (including myself) that would love to adopt the baby.

The mind says to run fast and the heart says to stay. I know its a hard decision. If you don't have trust or faith in your marriage, it will lead you down a rocky road.

I don't know what your separation agreement was but if you agreed to date other people, it opens up the possiblities of accidents happening. I'm totally against the idea of a separation. If your at that point and can't work things out, its time for a divorce. It sounds like your wife wanted the freedom to mess around.

Have a DNA test done at the time of birth. That will protect you. I don't know about your state, but if the child is given your surname, you are accepting responsibility for the welfare of the child.

keith46

confused

Hello & no we didn't separation for that reson of messing around /but i think she likes the ideashe dosen't really want a divorce she keep asking me if i still love her most of the time i don't answer her but she knows i still love her i think she want me to be the childs father /but i well only do this if she ask me .ty for your ttime still confused as to what to do about this matter i want to stay with my wife but am hurt and i really don't know how to tell her this .
keith46/confused :( :( :( :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">