• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confused in FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DawnDLo

What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband was previously married. (We got married in Feb. of 2004) Under dockets filed in his civil case for 'Simple Dissolution of Marriage', the notations state:

5/21/2003 On recommended order dated 4/30/03 Final Judgment of dissolution of marriage s/Monaco 5/20/03
5/21/2003 Vital Statistic Report, Dissolution of Marriage 3/12/2004 Division Judge Reassignment Order From: All Judges - Ordered on 02/26/2004

5/31/2004 Division Judge reassignment order ordered 5/30/2004

We were separated on 5/31/2004 after he was arrested for 'Domestic Violence' and a 'no contact' order has been in place since. It doesn't stop him from calling or stopping by periodically to drop something off without talking to me. I haven't answered his calls.

I'm trying to find out why their divorce case would be reassigned if it was finalized in May 2003 as he claimed it was. They had no assetts or children. If that is saying he is still married to his first wife, that would be cause for an annulment between us, correct? If that is not the case, what would be grounds for an annulment? Would the domestic violence be cause?

Thank you.

Shay-Pari'e

DawnDLo said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband was previously married. (We got married in Feb. of 2004) Under dockets filed in his civil case for 'Simple Dissolution of Marriage', the notations state:

5/21/2003 On recommended order dated 4/30/03 Final Judgment of dissolution of marriage s/Monaco 5/20/03
5/21/2003 Vital Statistic Report, Dissolution of Marriage 3/12/2004 Division Judge Reassignment Order From: All Judges - Ordered on 02/26/2004

5/31/2004 Division Judge reassignment order ordered 5/30/2004

We were separated on 5/31/2004 after he was arrested for 'Domestic Violence' and a 'no contact' order has been in place since. It doesn't stop him from calling or stopping by periodically to drop something off without talking to me. I haven't answered his calls.

I'm trying to find out why their divorce case would be reassigned if it was finalized in May 2003 as he claimed it was. They had no assetts or children. If that is saying he is still married to his first wife, that would be cause for an annulment between us, correct? If that is not the case, what would be grounds for an annulment? Would the domestic violence be cause?

Thank you.
It is public record. You can look at the whole case file at the court house.

S

seniorjudge

--PARIDISE-- said:
It is public record. You can look at the whole case file at the court house.
"...I'm trying to find out why their divorce case would be reassigned if it was finalized in May 2003 as he claimed it was...."

When you go down to the courthouse to look at this file, ask them if those docket entries mean that Judge Monaco, having gotten sick to death of being on fambly law duty, got off and another judge was assigned to this case and the other 40 gazillion cases there are in the courthouse.

Shay-Pari'e

seniorjudge said:
"...I'm trying to find out why their divorce case would be reassigned if it was finalized in May 2003 as he claimed it was...."

When you go down to the courthouse to look at this file, ask them if those docket entries mean that Judge Monaco, having gotten sick to death of being on fambly law duty, got off and another judge was assigned to this case and the other 40 gazillion cases there are in the courthouse.
I can't figure it out either. She is missing alot of docket reports in her post.

rmet4nzkx

A simplified dissolusion is just that essentially an agreement between the two with no children to divorce, perhaps they are waiting for the decree to be signed? Maybe no one filed the decree? She should check with the court, She may need an anulment That guy doesn't have a very good track record :rolleyes:

S

seniorjudge

rmet4nzkx said:
A simplified dissolusion is just that essentially an agreement between the two with no children to divorce, perhaps they are waiting for the decree to be signed? Maybe no one filed the decree? She should check with the court, She may need an anulment That guy doesn't have a very good track record :rolleyes:

Final Judgment of dissolution of marriage s/Monaco 5/20/03

It looks like someone signed a judgment in this lawsuit back in 2003.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">