• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused and lost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lostmopar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
My appologies in advance if I'm in the wrong forumn....this is overwhealming.

My wife and I have been married for 15 years, for the past 14 years she has been a stay at home mom, we have 3 kids, 14, 12 and a 7 yr old with mild Downs Syndrome...

We've been at it off and on for the past 6 years, mainly over money issues and lack of affection issues...I've tried to get her to go back to work part time for a couple of reasons, to be around people and for the $$$.

3 years ago I was talking to a friend and his wife about what to possibly do to save what we have, she accused me of cheating with my friends wife...they live 2,000 miles away and I've only seen her in person 4 times in my life...we got through that.
For the past 6 months, she's been very distant, sometimes won't talk day 2-3 days at a time, complains about everything...I feel like I can do no right!
I have a wonderful job...but don't make alot of money, I average %60k a year...

Here are my questions, my main concerns are the kids...
how do I figure out spousal support and child support from what I make, what about debt and the house?

I haven't talked to an attorney yet, I do have an appointment next week...I don't want this, she refuses to go to counceling and looked up divorce info and attorneys on the home computer.

mistoffolees

A little research would get you the answer.

You will be entitled to half of marital assets and will be responsible for half of marital debt.

You can figure out your child support using an online calculator, although you first have to figure out what the custody situation will be. If stbx gets a job, that may affect it too.

Spousal support varies and is hard to predict. An attorney in your area can give you guidance on what you might expect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">