• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused in NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LMarissa

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey.
Hello, I need help. My boyfriend married a woman in NY state about 3 or 4 years ago. A short while after their marriage, the woman disappeared. He lost contact with her. He moved to New Jersey a few months ago and we have decided to get married. He has not seen or spoken to the woman since her disappearance. They do not have any children together, nor do they share any sort of property or assets. I assume their divorce should be fairly simple. However neither he nor I know what action we should take. Can someone help me with this matter? Can their marriage be dissolved as soon as possible? Can he divorce the woman without the assistance of an attorney? His financial situation is rather bad at this time. Can free attorney's assistance be provided to him? Please help me!

LdiJ

LMarissa said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey.
Hello, I need help. My boyfriend married a woman in NY state about 3 or 4 years ago. A short while after their marriage, the woman disappeared. He lost contact with her. He moved to New Jersey a few months ago and we have decided to get married. He has not seen or spoken to the woman since her disappearance. They do not have any children together, nor do they share any sort of property or assets. I assume their divorce should be fairly simple. However neither he nor I know what action we should take. Can someone help me with this matter? Can their marriage be dissolved as soon as possible? Can he divorce the woman without the assistance of an attorney? His financial situation is rather bad at this time. Can free attorney's assistance be provided to him? Please help me!
Well...since he has no idea where she is it certainly would be the simplest to use an attorney. It also might not cost much either. In any case, permission is going to have to be obtained to serve her via publication.
Do a google search for "do it yourself" divorce kits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">