• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt Charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjpirkle

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

In my divorce, my ex-husband was to refinance/assume the loan on the house. He had until Dec. 15 or the house had to be put on the market. Our court date was on the 8th and he assured me the closing would be by the 15th. It is now the 3rd of Feb. and he has done neither. He said the bank would not refinance without a Quit Claim Deed, so I signed it. He said it does not take affect until my name is off the house. I want to know what I need to do. She I file contempt of court charges? He says that Wells Fargo is working with him, but I think he is stalling. My patience is running thin. It is affecting my credit!

Jeanette
:confused:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

In my divorce, my ex-husband was to refinance/assume the loan on the house. He had until Dec. 15 or the house had to be put on the market. Our court date was on the 8th and he assured me the closing would be by the 15th. It is now the 3rd of Feb. and he has done neither. He said the bank would not refinance without a Quit Claim Deed, so I signed it. He said it does not take affect until my name is off the house. I want to know what I need to do. She I file contempt of court charges? He says that Wells Fargo is working with him, but I think he is stalling. My patience is running thin. It is affecting my credit!

Jeanette
:confused:
Signing the quit claim deed was a mistake. That could have been done at closing.

You should probably take it back to court for contempt and ask the judge to order him to put the house on the market immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">