• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt of court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

km77

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My ex husband has not paid for the bills that were aquired during the time we were married. Our decree reads..." Petitioner....(his name) will pay creditors and obligations as listed: All of the balance owed to the lienholder for furniture,;all credit card debts incurred during this marriage,; all debts that are in his respective name after this divorce is granted." For the past 2 years I have been paying things that he should be paying for, I have held down 2 jobs to do it. He asked me to wait until the house sold and he would pay off those debts... the house sold in Sept.... and no money. I want to proceed and file contempt charges on him, but can not afford to obtain an attorney's services. Is this something I can do on my own? If so, where can I find the papers/forms and directions to file?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">