• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt of Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shirley7534

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
Question: My X's is not complaing to our Divorce Agreement. I can't afford a lawyer so I wont to take him back to court. What paper work do I need to file so that we can get this rolling?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
Question: My X's is not complaing to our Divorce Agreement. I can't afford a lawyer so I wont to take him back to court. What paper work do I need to file so that we can get this rolling?
I'm assuming that you mean that your ex is not complying with your Divorce agreement, not 'complaing'. If you want to do it yourself, you're going to need to read up on all the procedures of your local court and become conversant with the relevant statues. But before you do anything, a little more information would be helpful.

Is the Divorce Decree final and signed by the judge?

In what way is he not complying? How long has his noncompliance been going on?

Have you asked him to comply?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">