• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt of Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcruz3862

What is the name of your state (Calif.)? My ex-wife filed contempt of court against me. I was not properly served. I refuse to accept her phone calls and heard about this through a post-card from her. Do I have to show up for the court date as I do not have time to prepare and am not sure exactly what she is doing?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (Calif.)? My ex-wife filed contempt of court against me. I was not properly served. I refuse to accept her phone calls and heard about this through a post-card from her. Do I have to show up for the court date as I do not have time to prepare and am not sure exactly what she is doing?
Show up to court. Tell the judge you were not properly served with the complaint, that you have not seen the complaint, and that you need a continuance to prepare.

You are going to have to deal with this sooner or later. Its best to just get it over with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">