• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt/not in same state (?)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

canihelpu

comic sansWhat is the name of your state?California is the state in which both parties now reside. The divorce was filed, heard and declared in AL.
The 'hasbeen' has sent a letter to the ex-saying that he is going to do something reagrding thier joint income tax retrun that is not in the judges orders. To be more specific to be in contempt of court.
I was able to find out through a question I submitted to another website (the answer was from an attorney in AL) that the 'hasbeen' will be in contempt and could be theoretically jailed. He also told me that she should file a thing called a "Rule Nisi" and she should change the venue from AL to CA and get rid of her worthless attorney in AL and get a new one.
I cannot get this attorney to respond to any further questions and I need an answer by Tuesday (ha ha ha LOL).
Where should she file this "Rule Nisi", what state should she look for a new attorney and how do you go about having the venue changed? FYI, she is my sister.
Thank you to anyone who bothers to read this post and answer it.
God Bless you too.

Last edited:

LdiJ

canihelpu said:
comic sansWhat is the name of your state?California is the state in which both parties now reside. The divorce was filed, heard and declared in AL.
The 'hasbeen' has sent a letter to the ex-saying that he is going to do something reagrding thier joint income tax retrun that is not in the judges orders. To be more specific to be in contempt of court.
I was able to find out through a question I submitted to another website (the answer was from an attorney in AL) that the 'hasbeen' will be in contempt and could be theoretically jailed. He also told me that she should file a thing called a "Rule Nisi" and she should change the venue from AL to CA and get rid of her worthless attorney in AL and get a new one.
I cannot get this attorney to respond to any further questions and I need an answer by Tuesday (ha ha ha LOL).
Where should she file this "Rule Nisi", what state should she look for a new attorney and how do you go about having the venue changed? FYI, she is my sister.
Thank you to anyone who bothers to read this post and answer it.
God Bless you too.
If both parties now reside in CA, then your sister needs to see an attorney in CA. However, I am an accountant and tax preparer, and if you want to explain specifically what was court ordered regarding the taxes, and what he plans to do that is contrary to those orders I may be able to clear things up for your sister. If there are any children involved then I would also need to know who has primary custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">