• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contest to divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tanker35211

My spouse filed for divorce while I was temporarily staying in a recovery home for addiction. Now that I am recovering, and my head is clear,if I contest and fight it how far can it go? By the way I'm from Alabama

Last edited:

vrzirn

I do not know AL divorce laws. However, why on earth would you want to remain married to someone who doesn't want you? Are division of assets so skewed in that state that you would need to cling to him?

G

Grandma B

Anyone wanting a divorce will be granted that wish, whether or not the other spouse agrees. Contesting it will only frustrate you and make both attorneys wealthier.

M

maryp

Well said Grandma B.

On top of which tanker 35211, a total new start could well be the best of aids on your route to recovery.

Whatever road in life you take, I wish you the very best of luck.

G

Grandma B

Thanks, Miss Poppins, and Tanker, I too wish you the best of luck. Hang in there!

T

tanker35211

contest

To all you wonderful people who gave me a reply I like to say thankyou very much for your imput. There is alot at stake , and bottom line my spouse stands to gain, and myself would lose alot I know I should have thought about that befor I became addicted, however I need at least a year befor I can really take on this situation. Again thankyou for your comments

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">