• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contested or countersue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kwen

Michigan> My husband filed last Sept. it was dismissed ( due to lack of progress) I filed a two months ago, he contested it? Now I had a change of heart since then, but I was told I cannot drop the case, even though I am the Plantiff because he did serve an answer? This does not make any sense to me, I had to pay money ( he didn't because he does not have an income, so he went to legal aide)... What will the court do in this kind of case, and they want give me any information, since he counterfiled? I was only told they understand my change of heart but there is nothing that can be done for me stop the proceedings, since he responded. When he filed I did not try and stop, him, but now he appears he is making it harder on me. The only thing I was told was that there is a "Conflict: and I was told knowing else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">