• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contested Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billyp1970

What is the name of your state? FL

I am currently going though a lot of crap. My wife has basically ruined my Naval career, is pregnant and we are divorcing. Now I'm not getting a divorce because she ruined my career, but she ruined my career because we are divorcing. Oh did I mention we have 2 other children together a 6 year old and a 9 month old.

I know that the chances of me being retained in the Military are slim to none at this point; it's a matter of time. But let me get to my point, how long and how many times can she contest the divorce?

I would really like to get on with my life, I just have got this gut feeling that she's going to contest it for a long, long time just for spite.

S

seniorjudge

Q: But let me get to my point, how long...

A: Until the trial of the lawsuit is over and the court of appeals finishes up shooting the wounded (if there is an appeal);

Q: and how many times can she contest the divorce?

A: Once.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">