• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A contested un-contested divorce???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T. Heim

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Georgia.
I live in Georgia and so does my wife. We've been seperated for over 1 year (not legaly). We have no children, no house, or anything other than debt. She had an affair and idot me... Gave her everything . All the furniture, plates, the bed, everything! I just wanted out. I took on all the debt and I have been paying off most of it. The only thing I have not been paying for is her car, our car insurance, and 1 of her credit cards. Everything else, Ive handled. I went online and had a company write up a non-contested divorce that she agreed to sign at the time. Now, she is refusing. She thinks that the division of debt isnt fair.She makes about 2200 a month and I make about 3200 a month. The only things I want her to handle is her car (which she refuses to sell because she owes more than its worth), her student loan that she brought into the marrige (which Ive been paying for months), and her 400 dollar credit card (which is in collections). Ive taken on the back taxes, tax liens, dell, my car payment, georgia power colletions, Wachovia collections, medical collections, Her health insurance, our apartment bills, her credit card bills, I gave her 600 dollars last month for her car payment. I think she wants me to take on EVERYTHING. How can i file a dissolution of marrige when she changes her mind and dosent agree with the paperwork from day to day and refuses to sign it? I'm ready to move on. If I can file the divorce without her agreeing to it and signing, how do I do it?Where would I take the paperwork in the courthouse? What do I tell them?Please help, I'm desperate.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You file for a divorce at the clerk's office in family court. Read the local rules and determine what paperwork you need to file with a divorce. You dont' need her signature.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">