• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contesting a divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

southernites

Florida

My husband left me after 24 yrs of marriage. He has filed for a divorce. He got a settlement from workman's comp and has spent almost all of it.

I have no money for a lawyer. I receive $280 disabilty from Social Security.

He has not worked for almost 3 yrs was receiving workman's comp.

:confused: Can I contest this divorce and/or get alimony? He says, there is no one else but I see no reason for the hurry otherwise? :confused:

My family is caring for me now until I can get help. The disability is mental, depression, bi-polar and AADD but have been taking meds on a regulat basis.

I took care of my ailing mother for 5 yrs, now she is in Hospice Care and has less than 6 months to live.

You can always...

You can always contest the divorce the way you want, but more issues to be fight on will be more expensive.

- Tom

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">