• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Continuance requirements in South Carolina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texas75002

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Divorce recorded as final on 9 March 2005. Now a new motion hearing to amend the divorce is scheduled for 28 November. I was served on the 18th of November and am now living in another state. I faxed the lawyer and the court administrator requesting continuance/procedures for continuance.

Is there a 10/15/30 day rule in such situations? :confused: With the holiday, getting a notarized response is going to be very difficult. My home state legal aid says they can't assist me and I am just over the income limit :eek: for South Carolina legal aid help.

Is there a decent research site to get basic answers to such procedural questions? :) Thanks very much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">